NSW SES Advice - Richmond Tweed Region
NSW SES Final Flood Bulletin No 3 - The Tweed RiverMinor | Final Flood Bulletin
Tweed River at Tumbulgum, and Chinerah
FINAL FLOOD BULLETIN #3
The TWEED RIVER at tumbulgum and chinderah
Issued: 8:40 am on Tuesday 17 May 2022
What is happening:
NO FURTHER FLOODING EXPECTED AT TUMBULGUM AND CHINDERAH
The Tweed River at Tumbulgum and Chinderah peaked below minor flood levels.
No further flooding is expected in the Tweed River.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
- Avoid drowning. Stay out of flood water.
- Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
- Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous. Motorists should avoid driving through flood waters, which may have washed away road surfaces and could be deeper or faster-flowing than they look.
- Never walk, drive or ride through floodwaters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
- Check on your neighbours.
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500. In life threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.
For more information:
This is a final warning for The TWEED River, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Lismore City Council is not responsible, liable and cannot guarantee that any data, information, and materials contained through this platform are accurate, current or complete. All requests should rather be directed to a data authority.